Are you motivated by leading conversations, driving your own schedule, getting things over the finish line and have a competitive desire to win?
Valpak provides integrated print and digital advertising solutions led by our iconic "Blue Envelope" as well as mobile and online platforms. Join a culture known for encouragement, collaboration, having fun - and winning! Valpak is at the heart of communities across North America, helping people save, businesses grow, and neighborhoods thrive.
- Base salary, plus uncapped commission
- Sales bonuses, contests and incentives
- Tools and customer data at your fingertips, including Salesforce.com, leads and prospecting database, tablets, best practice playbooks, a guided sales application and more…
- Generate new business in assigned area through effective networking, referral generation, and local prospecting, with a demonstrated passion and curiosity about local businesses, for what they do and what they need in order to grow and thrive
- Identify key decision makers by face-to-face and phone call prospecting, as well as use of email, LinkedIn and other contemporary methods within a defined territory to grow and nurture
- Provide exceptional ongoing account management to your existing clients to ensure their programs are successful, to develop trusted relationships and to renew and upgrade their programs
- Work with clients and Valpak designers on high-impact ad design, including effective offers
- Be a product expert and develop compelling and effective marketing solutions from Valpak's robust and market-leading suite of products, including direct mail, Valpak.com, Web sites, SEM and more
- Meet and exceed established sales goals - and exceed your own personal earnings goals
- Use Salesforce.com to effectively manage your business and participate in Valpak's customer management ecosystem
- Execute required sales administrative functions to initiate orders and accurately publish ad campaigns
- Love what you do, have fun and be a positive contributor to your local Valpak team
- 2+ years of proven success in business development and outside sales
- Experience in print and digital advertising sales preferred
- College degree is preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a results-oriented self-starter and have a record of success working in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with emphasis on engagement and persuasion
- Curiosity and a true passion for talking face-to-face with local businesses, stimulating interest on their end and helping develop effective client solutions.
- Well-developed contemporary productivity and technological skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, Mobile and Social)
- Ability to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency
Valpak of Central Iowa is an independently owned and operated franchise. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment related matters in their businesses. Job descriptions, compensation, benefits and other employment terms and conditions applicable to positions at independent franchised Valpak offices will vary and are determined solely by the Franchisee.