FI Consulting is seeking a full-time Consultant to work in our Arlington, VA Headquarters and throughout the Metro DC area on client projects.
Responsibilities of this Role Include:
- Partnering with client staff of all levels to understand issues and needs, and working to solve them through the development of specific analytical tools
- Developing and validating financial models and analytical tool(s)/software used for portfolio management, valuation/pricing/costing, financial reporting, budgeting, and strategic decision-making
- Defining functional requirements and designing testing strategies for analytical software applications
- Analyzing and interpreting complex data sets in various software packages using statistical and econometric techniques
- Clearly communicating complex, technical concepts to both technical and non-technical clients
- Planning and executing project tasks
- Working closely with internal Project Managers and teammates to facilitate project support
- Actively seeking out opportunities for FI to expand the solutions we offer to our clients
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience within consulting or in a corporate or government environment
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics or other applicable quantitative or technical field
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with and aptitude for programming languages such as SAS, Python, VBA, SQL, and R
- Data Visualization experience using Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with financial market analysis and credit risk
- Interest and ability to work in a project-based environment with specific deadlines, where the schedule can be unpredictable at time
- High attention to detail and ability to ensure high quality work
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex data and business processes, and communicate your findings in a clear, concise manner that builds trust and confidence with our clients
- Authorization for permanent employment in the U.S. as FI Consulting does not currently sponsor individuals for work authorization.
Who We Are: FI Consulting is a70-person professional services firm that helps government and commercial financial institutions solve hard problems in data, analytics, modeling, and technology. Our professionals are specialists with expertise across a range of fields, for example:
- Financial and economic modeling
- Data analytics & visualization
- Financial products and markets
- Economics and statistics
- Business process management and re-engineering
Our Company Values & Operates on:
- A Commitment to Creating Value for our Clients and our Employees
- A Flat Management Structure that is Still Led by one of the Original Founders
- An Emphasis on Teamwork and Cooperation
- Employee Development and Career Growth
- Continuous Improvement
- An Entrepreneurial Culture that Rewards Finding, Developing, and Owning Business
What its really like to Work for Us:
You will work with a team of smart, talented people in a culture that is simultaneously driven, collegial, and supportive. We set high expectations for employees in the areas of project delivery excellence, building trusted client relationships, and continuous improvement. We insist on teamwork and collaboration.
Security Requirements: Authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor VISA Holders at this time.
FI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. FI Consulting participates in E-Verify. FLSA Designation - This is an exempt position.