Great News! We now offer PayActiv financial wellness benefit to employees. Get on-demand access to your earned wages between paychecks.
We are driven by our commitment to our industry and expect excellence from our employees. We build a work environment where each individual is valued and has the opportunity for growth.
We strive to be the guiding light in our profession.
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to be responsible for the functions of the Clinical Services department at each facility in your region. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Delegation of Authority
As RN Nurse Consultant, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to improve facility compliance based on company standards/expectations
- Ensures the facilities follow State and Federal Regulations.
- Implements policies and procedures for Clinical Services in the Region.
- Monitors achievement of goals and objectives for the facility clinical services departments consistent with established philosophy and standards of practice.
- Monitors the implementation of current policies and procedures, which reflect adherence to corporate and external regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews new regulatory directives and implements changes as needed.
- Monitors Quality Improvement Process, Standards of Care, Weekly Wound Reports, etc. and reports them to the Chief Operations Officer and Regional Director of Operations.
- Reviews and investigates resident complaints as directed by the Chief Operations Officer.
- Ensures compliance with resident rights policies and works to resolve resident grievances.
- Conducts compliance surveys at facilities.
- Assists in coordinating actions plans to minimize liability and risks because of compliance surveys.
- Participates in State and Federal surveys and compliant investigations.
- Supports and follows up with facilities in identifying trends and assists in the development of corrective action plans and troubleshooting resolutions.
- Reports findings of State and Federal surveys to the Chief Operations Officer and Regional Director of Operations.
- Gathers performance improvements indicators and survey data to identify trends.
- Develops Plans of Corrective Actions with the Chief Operations Officer, Regional Directors of Operations, Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical Services.
- Schedules periodic site visits to provide supervision, clinical expertise, ensure communication, and to monitor the overall operation the clinical services department.
- Conducts facility reviews based on operational needs, changes in management and commitment to regulatory compliance.
- Provide in-service training and orientation to facility staff regarding survey process, risk management, corporate compliance, performance improvement, etc.
- Provide facility information and clinical expertise to Chief Operations Officer, Regional Directors of Operations, Director of Marketing and Diakonos Human Resources Director.
- May be requested to serve as temporary Interim Director of Clinical Services.
- Embrace Consulate's five core values and vision and incorporate them into daily job function.
Must possess, as a minimum, a BSN from an accredited college or university.
Must have, as a minimum, five (5) year's experience as a supervisor in a long-term card/skilled nursing facility and three (3) year's experience as a multi-site/regional nurse. Must have, as a minimum six (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.