Senior Consultant – Banking and Financial Services
Willingness to travel 80% of the time
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
We seek extraordinary associates when recruiting new employees. Cognizant Consulting's model is infused with a distinct culture of high customer happiness. We consistently deliver positive relationships, cost reductions and business results. Are you ready to be a change-maker? At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work in the present will lead the way in the future. When was the last time you felt proud about your work?
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead consulting teams that work in the intersection of banking and technology in the capacity of an engagement manager (with principal/ partner oversight). In this capacity, the candidate identifies, assesses and solves business problems for the Client and/or Cognizant.
- Can work in situations that require some rigor and depth analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, some of which maybe incomplete and can proficiently deliver high quality work-products that may include techno-functional presentations, solution approaches and the like.
- Lead the development of solution approach, plan, roadmap, conceptual architecture, Target Operating Models and Standard Operating Procedures for implementing technology in banks.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Client on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making esp. when leading a small team. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on relatively simpler assignments, or as a part of a team in larger, more complex assignments.
- Develop and lead client collaboration on projects, run delivery dates, resourcing and schedules. Facilitate project execution by providing support in project-level issues.
- Can provide project leadership, direction on support on one or more projects while ensuring quality on all outcomes.
- Helps build, lead, and develop team of onshore/offshore consultants
- Identify and supports up-sell opportunities and activities.
- Contribute to business development through activities such as pre-sales client presentations, research, and writing proposal, RFP responses and SOWs.
- Have the ability to position industry insights as they pertain to client needs & requirements
- Deeply understand their client's business challenges, and provide thought leadership in addressing these issues
- Work proactively to bring the best of Cognizant expertise to their client(s)
- Bachelor's degree although Master's level degree in Business/Management highly preferred
- Technology strategy consulting experience with proficiency in one or more areas of use of Technology in Banks and Financial Institutions-- including but not limited to, Core Modernization, Digital Channels, Cloud Adoption, Information Security and Regulatory and Compliance Audit Technology and operating processes.
- At least 5 years of experience in at least two of the offerings (Digital Strategy, IT Value Strategy, Technology Innovation and Ecosystems, IT Operating Model, Cloud Strategy, Enterprise Architecture Strategy, AI Strategy)
- Experience working to improving the business value of technology
- Experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business needs, process improvement or IT transformation
- Experience leading large teams effectively including planning/structuring analytical work, facilitating team workshops, and developing technology strategy recommendations
- Product Implementation understanding of leading Banking solutions is a plus. .
- Practical experience in gathering client needs, mapping processes, creating use cases, conducting hypotheses based analysis, creating business cases, evaluating and presenting solutions
- Experience in project management activities: project plans and estimates, scoping and requirements through implementation, including ensuring delivery of quality outcomes within timelines and budgets
- Ability to travel 80%+ of the time
Professional Skill Requirements
- Experience in Technology Consulting for banks in at least a few of these areas:
- IT Strategy and CIO Advisory areas like Application Value Management, Application Portfolio Optimization, Application Lifecycle Management, and Core Modernizations
- Digital Solutions and Architecture that may involve Cloud, Containers, DevOps
- API Strategy, Microservices and Domain Driven Design (with Banking and Financial Services domain experience). Banking & Financial Services)
- Banking Service and Information Exchange Frameworks (BIAN, IFX, IFW, MISMO)
- IT Capability and Service Management/ Governance Frameworks (ITIL, IT4IT, COBIT)
- Data Strategy
- IT Security and Regulatory Compliance Strategy
- Excellent skills in consulting work-products including demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Knowledge of Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI etc.), and SQL as an intermediate skilled user is a definite plus.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Passion for excellence and delivering client value
Cognizant Consulting is a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. With over 6000 consultants worldwide, CBC offers high-value consulting services that improve business performance and operational productivity, lower operational expenses and enhance performance. Clients draw upon our deep industry expertise and analytical objectivity to help improve business productivity, drive technology-enabled business transformation and increase shareholder value. We provide a number of Business/IT Consulting Services including Business Strategy, IT Strategy & Roadmap Development, Process Re-Engineering & Transformation, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Selection, and Domain Solutions. The CBC team is a high performing organization that is constantly expanding our client base and increasingly recommended by analysts such as Forrester and Gartner.
BFS Consulting is looking for Technology Strategy professionals to bring a unique mixture of business and technology expertise to develop strategic plans that define how technology can create value for an organization. You will be working at the intersection of business and technology these strategists will define holistic strategies that combine business objectives with technology opportunities while working with clients. As a Technology Strategy professional, you must maintain deep knowledge of evolving trends and the latest advancements in technology, strategy, and management to develop innovation solutions and approaches. You will work to define strategies that may include governance, organization structure and staffing, enterprise architecture models, business capability models, process definitions, and enterprise operating models. At their core, Technology Strategy professionals identify the most important client issues or opportunities, and maximize value by conducting rigorous analysis and developing strategic plans to address issues and/or seize opportunities.
Key offerings include, Operating Model, Digital Strategy, IT Value Strategy, Technology Innovation and Ecosystems, Operating Model, Cloud Strategy, Enterprise Architecture Strategy & AI Strategy
A professional at this position level within Cognizant has the following responsibilities:
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively conversations, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to design meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you."
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
We will only be able to respond to those candidates that most closely meet our Criteria.