Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
As a member of the Professional Services team, this senior leadership position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) product. CLO is a loan origination tool that banks use to track commercial loans throughout the full lending lifecycle. The Principal Implementation Consultant will be involved in all aspects of servicing our clients and prospects. This includes utilizing expert domain knowledge to support presales in closing opportunities, scoping projects including working with customers to elicit, analyze, communicate, document and validate business requirements for the CLO application. This role is looked to as the functional leader on the team. The right candidate will have expert level knowledge of commercial lending functions and significant experience working in a vendor capacity implementing loan origination systems for customers.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Conducts very complex scoping exercises including multi-product, multi-group or multi-location initiatives
- Helps clients define their vision, project direction and objectives
- Acts as a subject matter expert and disseminates functional knowledge in various settings such as forums, client demos, etc.
- Analyze business and user needs, document business requirements, and translation into proper system requirement and design specifications.
- Facilitates solution design across groups to drive a single vision that is clear to the customer
- Analyze and document business processes and metrics, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Re-engineer processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify/document how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assess and project the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Size work effort and work with project manager to identify task dependencies and create project schedules.
- Assist and guide the customer in writing test plans and test cases to ensure testing aligns with the requirements presented.
- Guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project.
- Oversees configuration activities and ensures consultants are providing high quality deliverables.
- Conduct a variety of tests such as system, quality and peer reviews. Ensure that the configuration is correct per the agreed upon documentation. Verify through testing that changes made to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results.
- Isolate and resolve complex configuration issues.
- Train internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conduct one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- Mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced consultants or offshore resources. Assists with people development activities (such as onboarding, interviewing, and training).
- Liaise with other internal groups such as development staff and support teams.
- Develops insights and repeatable frameworks to expand practice area of the firm.
- Actively pursues additional work and looks for opportunities to provide additional value to clients. Applies expertise that results in additional viable client opportunities, expanded knowledge within the firm, or the development of intellectual capital.
- Achieve utilization targets.
- Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
- Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
- Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
- Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the "how will they be implemented" into their evaluation
- Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
- Expert in Commercial Lending domain.
- End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
- Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in commercial loan origination and credit analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
- Utilized by clients and colleagues as a key trusted advisor with a reputation for results.
- Understands the latest business/ technology trends within the product/solution offering.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of competitors and competitive advantage.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take. Can negotiate win/win outcomes internally and externally.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.