As a Sales Consultant, you are responsible for maintaining and expanding a portfolio of customers to maximize sales and profits of foodservice products and value added services. The qualified candidate must be a strategic thinker and innovative planner that can identify business opportunities, build positive customer relations and maintain account relationships while seeking and cultivating new accounts.
- Planning and organizing schedules to call on prospective new accounts
- Regularly call on existing and potential customers
- Identify customer needs and work to satisfy them, monitor sales volumes, understand customer's needs to recommend products and solutions.
- Promote programs and items, collect customer payments; manage pricing and monitor credit term compliance.
- Be available for emergency deliveries to customers
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of industry related experience or a degree from a culinary school will be considered equivalent experience.
- Outside sales experience in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, strong desire to build new business, strong work ethic and attention to details, excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Position requires extensive local travel- valid driver's license and clean MVR with dependable means of transportation.
- Infrequent lifting of 25 – 30 pounds may be required.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
- 4 years college degree or 2 years Business to Business sales experience.
- Foodservice distribution experience