Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated Migration Consultants who possess a unique balance of cloud migration experience, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to build a scalable playbook for large-scale migrations to the AWS platform, leveraging best practices in technical, operations, compliance and project delivery.
In this role you will partner with Enterprise Customers other Professional Service domains, and AWS teams to rapidly build and deploy both teams and technology to customers to accelerate the migration to AWS.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, be able to build and improve systems and processes, and have demonstrated experience leading cross-functional technical teams.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
- Collaborate with AWS field teams, Service Teams and Remote Consulting Services to deliver applications into AMS accounts
- Define and deliver application portfolio assessments and migration plans.
- Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on enterprise level engagements.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
- Take Ownership of the entire customer migration journey.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and migration playbook with limited guidance.
- Deliver successful migration projects with multiple cross-functional stakeholders internal and external.
- Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers' business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items.
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
- Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global company environment.
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- 5+ years design/implementation/architectural experience with distributed applications
- 7+ years cloud/enterprise-grade migration project experience within domains of Applications, Data Center, OS, Database, and Infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network)
- 5+ years consulting and client facing experience in leadership roles responsible for large transformational projects
- Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
- 2+ years experience working as ScrumMaster across multiple cross-functional teams
- Led teams and engagements utilizing agile approaches, value and principles as well as Scrum framework
- Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
- AWS Experience and Certifications
- Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
- Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
- System Administration experience in an enterprise with large scale portfolios of legacy applications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age